Who We Are
Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Peoria is a local affiliate of the Boys & Girls Clubs of America—the nation’s largest building-centered, youth-focused provider of after-school programs. The first Club was founded in 1860 and the national organization was formed in 1906. Today, there are more than 4,000 Club facilities serving some 4.8 million young people annually through membership and community outreach.
Boys & Girls Clubs are designed to inspire and enable young people to become responsible, productive, caring citizens; to assure that every young person has the opportunity to share in the American Dream, and to provide young people with resources to succeed.
Staffed by trained youth development professionals, Clubs provide character development, educational enhancement and career exploration, working within the neighborhood where at-risk youths live. For many of our children, our staff are the most influential positive adult role models in their lives.