The first Boys Club of Peoria was opened in 1957 with temporary headquarters in the Harrison Homes complex. 77 boys were enrolled in that program. Soon thereafter, a permanent building was erected at 2703 W. Grinnell Street where we continue to serve the youth on the Southside. In 1987 a resolution was passed changing the name of the organization to The Boys & Girls Clubs of Peoria opening up our Club to all youth ages 6 to 18 years of age. In 1995 we became the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Peoria expanding our service to all of Peoria County.
Today, our Caho/Becker Unit on Grinnell is still in use along with a Clubhouse located in the East Bluff Community Center, our offices and classrooms at 806 E. Kansas, and with Boys & Girls Clubs staff available in numerous Peoria Public Schools annually serving hundreds of youth age 6 to 18 years old.